Who is watching?

I am awake.

Who is it that sees through these eyes?
Who is it that hears through these ears?
Who is it that speaks through this mouth?
Who is it that feels with these hands?

Am I who I think I am?
I gather all this from my memories, thoughts, beliefs, interpretations,
opinions, conclusions, but are these really me?
Can I really know who I am?
With all that I know, I do not know myself, the one who is awake, the one who perceives...

All of these sensations, experiences, perceptions, thinking, do these all add up to me?

Or am I something beyond all these?

The one who is awake
The one who observes
Is the great unknown me
Is the great one

These things that I think, that I perceive
they are ephemeral
when this body being dies
all these things die with him

And the one who is awake
is no longer awake through me
but is still awake!






Comments

Popular Posts